Monday, June 22, 2015

Its a Beautiful Day in Roseville

Dear Family & Friends,

This week sped by!  Lots and lots of exciting adventures and spiritual moments.  So on P-day I went to the zoo!  It was so much fun!  I felt like I was on vacation, it was weird!  Sister Hubbard is the sweetest lady ever!  We went with her friend and her two little boys!  The Detroit zoo has a water tunnel where we could look up and see all the animals swimming above us!  That was my favorite part.  We had dinner and it was so yummy! The next day we went on exchanges!  Because Sister Wood is a Sister Training Leader and I’m learning how to become one, we will go on at least 3 this transfer.  So my temporary companion’s name was Sister Jewell!  She is awesome!  I went to her area which is called La Peer.  It’s all country  It was beautiful.  So, in Michigan basically every corner you turn there is a body of water.  There are lakes everywhere!  I had such an awesome experience.  So we went over to a lady named Peggy’s house to do some service.  Her husband has Huntington’s disease.  It was one of the saddest things I’ve every seen. My heart just hurt looking at him.  But Peggy made it bearable because she is so strong.  We helped move her husband Dick outside  He doesn’t talk or move but he understands everything.  We helped Peggy wash her windows.  Their house was unreal.  Right on a lake with a gorgeous view.  We taught her a lesson and Sister Jewell and I were in such unity.  It was crazy because we barely knew each other.  The spirit touched Peggy’s heart.  I hope she accepts the gospel into her life.  It could help her so much.  OK, so for lunch we went to a super cool place called DK.  So it’s a hamburger place.  But it’s not just any typical hamburger.  The buns of the hamburger were donuts.  I thought it was going to be disgusting but it was so good  Almost as good as In-n-Out but not quite.  So La Peer has been struggling with finding investigators.  So we said so many prayers of faith.  We had such a neat experience.  We were able to meet a beautiful girl named Alisha.  We showed her the “Because He Lives” video and she told us she and her boyfriends have been looking for a church.  She got so emotional she started crying.  She is going to be super solid.  I was so sad when I had to leave the next day because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to teach her.:(  But, I was so happy to be back with Sister Wood.  She is amazing.  When we met with William it was so funny because he said, “I’m so glad you got back from your trip Sister Jacobsen, I didn’t like your sub!”  William has said a lot funny things this week.  I asked him if he knew who satan was.  He replied, “You!”  I was taken back but couldn’t help but laugh  So later this week we realized William wasn’t retaining all the things we were teaching him and he wasn’t keeping commitments.  He loves church, but we need him to apply the things we are teaching him.  So I told him that we can’t come back until he actually keeps his end of the deal.  Yesterday, he probably called 5 times at least. When I talked to him, he asked if we could come over.  I asked, “Well, did you read the Book of Mormon with your grandma?”  He said yes.  So I asked to speak with his grandma.  He pretended to give the phone to his grandma.  He then changed his voice to a higher tone.  We talked to his “grandma” for a couple of minutes.  The sad part is we actually thought it was his grandma and then we realized it was just William pretending.  So then we started laughing and I asked “William why are you pretending to be your grandma?”  he started laughing.  Anyways this week has been full of miracles.  So we barely went tracking this week because our days were jam packed with lessons for our progressing investigators.  There was a guy named Joe that we found and he’s super cool.  He’s been on America’s Got Talent.  We told him about our church and set up an appointment.  He texted us later that day and said, “I don’t think it’s a coincidence I ran into you sisters today.  At first I was blinded by the light but then I saw Jesus Christ on your name tags.”  He’s super cool.  We have lots of experiences like that.  Being a missionary is so great.  Everyday I feel like I am just so blessed.  We have amazing investigators and they are progressing which makes me so happy.  We also have a couple that aren’t which breaks my heart.  So there was a man we were teaching who totally asked Sister Wood to marry him.  It was so funny.  It was scary though too.  We make sure we always have members with us.  I’ve given lots of CTR rings to children and I started wearing one myself as a “friendship” ring.  William and Jimmy love them!  Tim is a boy who calls the Pearl of Great Price the “great value pearls” haha like the Walmart version.  Saturday was super fun because Sister Wood and I went to get Chinese food! This was the first time we’ve gone out to get food together and it was because it was my 1 month anniversary!  haha crazy right?  Too much to write and too little time.   Just want to publicly say Happy Father’s day!  I love my Dad so much!  You work so hard for our family and your sense of humor is what keeps me going  Thanks for being such a great example!  XOXO (hugs and kisses)  So I feel like I’m starting to become the person I’ve always wanted to become.  I still have miles and miles to go but I can feel myself changing and growing.  So this week I learned a ton about faith.  One thing that stuck out to me was “it wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.”  Faith is most definitely a principle of action and power in the book “Our Search for Happiness”.  It says, “I continue to believe that faith, real faith, whole-souled and unshakable-can be as important to a healthy balanced life as a study anchor is to a ship bound for the open seas.”  We have faith when we take a breath.  Lets anchor our hearts in Jesus Christ.  Have Faith!

Love,
Sister Jacobsen

P.S. Ether 12:4, Moroni 7:33
P.S.S. D&C 11:17 You are the victim of your desires.
P.S.S.S. Hymn Pg. 220 - Don’t judge you still have a long way to go.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment