Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas at Costco

I am staying in the Pool! This is my 5th Transfer here! So happy! President told me that i won't stay another transfer though. We have seen miracles already! One of our investigators, Stevie Rae, came up to us and told us that she wants to be baptized. Then she walked away. It was so beautiful. The cool story about Stevie is that she is actually a grandaughter of a less-active family we have been working with for a while! Sister Tipiwai became active about two transfers ago and now her husband has been coming to church. Her unbaptized daughter and grandchildren have been coming to church as well! The extended family also went to the ward Christmas party and temple lights! So we went to visit them earlier this week and it turns out both Stevie-Rae (10) and Madison(8)want to get baptized! Missionaries have been working with these grandchildren for a long time and they know the book of Mormon stories so well. When we asked Stevie why she wanted to get baptized, she replied, "I want to go to the Celestial Kingdom." The family is on board for the 16th of January! We talked with Madison's mum about her baptism and she said that her goal is to go to the temple. We invited her to be baptized and she said it will eventually happen but i want to see my children baptized first. That was a highlight of this week. 

Ok i forgot about Christmas! It was great! Skyped the family and it was wonderful! To be honest we didn't even say anything too important, it was just great to see their faces! Congrats to Briar and Brad who were married yesterday, which is technically today because i am a day ahead! I love you both! Went to Costco for Christmas eve and the members showered us with goodies and perfume! We had to stay in Christmas eve so President let us watch movies! We watched Tarzan! We had a massive sleepover and we were allowed to stay up late and sleep in on Christmas!

I came to realize that your Life's greatest work is YOU. When everything in your life is removed. When you are stripped of every worldy thing and every person you know and you stand completely alone, what do you see? Who will you be? We are constantly changing.  We are either internalizing qualities of light or qualities of darkness, i really want to change my nature. I want to give God my entire self. I want to be ready to stand in his presence. I know i will always have weaknesses, but life is about progressing and changing. I don't just want to change my behavior, i want to change my nature and work exactly according to God's will, not my own! The work is great and i love being a missionary! Love you all heaps! 


-Sister Jacobsen





No comments:

Post a Comment