Monday, November 30, 2015

Bonjour

So i want to talk about one of my favourite(they spell it like that here) experiences this week.So for the past 2 months we have been going over to a less-actives home almost every single day. She wouldn't answer and she had just recently gone less-active. She actually helped fellowship one of our investigators that was baptised. Any ways, last night we were going to go back to the flat for language study but i felt like we should go try again. Again no answer. She lives in a flat, so we can see her balcony so we pulled a Romeo and Juliet. I picked up the little seed pebble things at my feet and started throwing them at her door. I was desperate. After a few minutes we had a good laugh and walked back to the car. But then... She came out to the balcany and yelled, come in! We were so excited! We went in and had one of the most spiritual lessons. She cried, I cried, my companion cried. For some reason we all just cried. I blame it on the spirit. She opened up to us about everything. We were able to help her and give her love and support. I find it interesting how most of the time when things get rough, latter day saints turn away from the gospel, they say just give me a couple of months off. That is exactly the opposite of what we are supposed to do. We need to embrace the gospel. I know that it is a lot easier said than done, but when the rough patch is over and latter-day saints come back, they go ahh i knew the answer the whole time. That answer is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Ok quick funny story, We had some great investigators at Church yesterday! Emma sat next to me. It was so funny because when we were taking the Sacrament she leans over and whispers to me, is there any point to taking it if i'm not baptized? I explained to her the significance of the sacrament after baptism. Then our other investigator actually asked Emma the same question and it was so cool to hear Emma explain to Destiny the importance of the Sacrament. Emma then said, " But i'm going to take it because i'm sorta hungry." Haha she makes me laugh! She is getting a priesthood blessing this Tuesday to help her with the Word of Wisdom! She is on date for the 26 of December! Boxing day! 

I had another spiritual experience this week. I have been reading in 3rd Nephi in the Book of Mormon and almost every morning i've been brought to tears. I am constantly getting a burning feeling in my heart that the Book of Mormon is true! I love it! 

Also, I've been asking God a lot "what is keeping me from progressing?" It's interesting how specific answers i get. My answer was you need to increase your faith. I then asked him how i could increase my faith and the NEXT  day my mission president taked about increasing our faith at Zone Conference! He really does answer our prayers!

In other news, we got locked out of our flat this week but we both still had our keys, it's a long story. We went to another Stake Christmas party with some investigators! It was a great week! Love you all!

Love,

SIS JAKE

No comments:

Post a Comment